About Get Changed Theatre Company
Established in 1995, Get Changed Theatre Company is a vibrant organisation for adults with learning disabilities in West and Mid Devon.
- To produce high quality arts projects which challenge public attitudes and raise the profile of the disability community.
- To increase awareness of the problems faced by people with learning disabilities and leave something striking and of lasting value within the community.
Our workshops and projects have been designed to:
- build confidence
- increase self-esteem
- improve mental health and general wellbeing
- develop practical and transferable skills which can lead to the acquisition of accredited qualifications
- encourage individuals to make choices
- support individuals to take responsibility for their actions while respecting and valuing each other
Our annual programme consists of:
- 45 day-long arts-based workshops
- major productions to showcase talent
- small-scale events to share and celebrate achievement
Get Changed was founded in 1995 with only seven participants, but over the years it has grown in size to deliver more challenging performances. The organisation now encompasses:
- up to 21 participants with learning disabilities
- 2 arts practitioners running weekly workshops
- 17 supporting arts practitioners for productions
- 5 support workers funded by care providers
- 1 workshop volunteer
- 6 voluntary management team members
- 1 project co-ordinator
- families and carers who benefit from weekly respite